About Shell Health Services
Shell Health is a global staff function that offers broad health support, health advice and services to the business and employees. Shell Health enables business outcome by providing science-based health expertise and services. The purpose of Shell Health is to empower employees and the business to thrive through care. Shell Health’ ambition is embedded in the Shell Commitment and Policy on Health, Security, Safety, the Environment (HSSE) and Social Performance (SP), which applies across Shell and is designed to help protect people and the environment. It includes aims aligned with the Shell General Business Principles on how the organisation operates and works to involve communities close to the operations. Shell BeNeFrux delivers health support, advice and services to our employees and stakeholders in The Netherlands, Belgium, France, and Luxemburg. Services include:
- Protect: Delivery of Health interventions that protect people against workplace health risks.
- Promote: Delivery of Health interventions that empower and enable healthy behaviours and
- Access: Delivery of Health interventions that provide employees with timely access to quality care and support
- Business Health Support: Provision of Health expertise to support Shell businesses achieve business goals.
In the Netherlands, the Dutch Working Conditions Act provides the basis for a sound health and safety policy. It applies to all employers and employees in The Netherlands.
Where you fit in
Health Managers are vital in translating the purpose of Shell Health into delivered actions to support the achievement of Shell’s strategic ambitions by Shell companies in the BeNeFrUx. This entails empowering employees to promote their wellbeing, protect them from known health risks and ensuring timely access to good quality support and care. It also involves working closely with the stakeholders to identify and mitigate health risks associated with business activities, as well as to leverage health opportunities for customers, communities, and contractors. You are going to be a key part of our multidisciplinary Shell Health BeNeFrUx Team and a valued member of the broader Shell Health community globally and will contribute to Shell’s strategic success by supporting the Health Manager BeNeFrUx. The team consists of 30 colleagues working in our locations Pernis (Refinery), Moerdijk (chemical Plant), Amsterdam (Technology Centre), Rotterdam (office location), The Hague (office location) and Assen. France, Belgium, and Luxembourg are advised remotely. As Health Manager South BeNeFrUx, you will be leading your team with 11 Health professionals in Pernis, Moerdijk and Rotterdam.
What’s the role?
As the Health Manager South BeNeFrUx, you will need the ability to adapt and integrate diverse employee needs (e.g. office vs operational site; asset vs project phases), shifting business requirements and demands relating to health and wellbeing, manage key stakeholders and deliver on Shell Health’s business objectives. The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Implementing Group strategy and standards for Health, including compliance with national laws and regulations, for Shell Operating Assets and Business Units in Shell BeNeFrUx.
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating, with key stakeholders, a comprehensive outcome-focussed Health plan for employees and the Shell Operated businesses in BeNeFrUx.
- Managing direct reports, providing functional supervision for Health contractors and contract management (where applicable).
- Provision of Health leadership to Shell BeNeFrUx and eliminating health inequities. Drive competitive performance through strong external partnerships. Embrace diversity and inclusion in pursuit of business outcomes.
What we need from you
When it comes to developing and nurturing collaborative stakeholder relations, your excellent managerial and interpersonal skills and ability to influence people will make a difference. You will lead and inspire people to make changes that will have a direct impact on our success. You will create the environment for others to feel empowered to deliver high performance through clarity on intent, priorities, and outcomes. You will demonstrate and establish the Learner Mindset within the team, fostering diversity, equity, and inclusivity within psychological safety to identify improvement opportunities and innovative, efficient ways of working.
Furthermore, you will have:
- Substantial experience in occupational health or any of the other health disciplines, preferably acquired while working in a large organisation.
- Experience in health promotion related activities and programs will be advantageous
- Must have the ability to engage and influence Senior leaders (country chairs, local/ regional business, and functional leaders) as well as external health network and ability to create external partnerships
- Strong skills in project management, verbal & written communication, and time management
- Deep commitment to safety leadership and personal accountability
- Proven ability to positively impact team culture to operationalize diversity and inclusion in recruitment and commitment to authentic, and transparent communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills, leadership skills and track record of delivering through others
- Fluent command of both English and Dutch, written and spoken
Shell Health leadership is committed to enable people to reach their full potential and maintain a good work-life balance. We are keen to support flexible working arrangements, subject to local regulations and legislative frameworks. If this is of interest to you, please describe in your application the type of flexible working arrangements for which you would like to be considered (e.g. part-time, job share).
If you don’t see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone often applies when they don’t feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply.